2016 Malibu 23’ LSV Wake Boat
Theft Recovery; vessel and trailer.
- Sold Winning Bid: $65,650.00 CAD
- 141 Bid(s) View Bid History
- Make Malibu
- Model LSV Wake Boat
- Serial Number MB2S7784L516 / Trailer VIN 59XBB2622GL001471
- Physical Location Maple Ridge. B.C.
- Documentation Included in Sale Salvage Bill of Sale ONLY!
- Documentation Availability Documentation included in the sale is limited to ONLY that described above and will be available for pickup at Verus Valuations Ltd during regular business hours.
- Included Equipment Any personal effects as may be shown in photographs is EXCLUDED from this sale. Included equipment is limited to that described below
- Item # 384699
- End Date
- Start Date
2016 Malibu 23’ LSV Wake Boat + Trailer.
The boat was taken from a dealership in Abbotsford in 2016. Circumstances surrounding the loss are reported as the vessel having been stolen from a dealer as new and a subsequent recovery (as a result of the trailer having U-BILT plates affixed). The Vancouver Police recovered the boat - on the trailer, parked on the road approximately the middle of October 2019.
Prior to recovery by the Vancouver Police Department, the hull identification number (HIN) on the transom of the vessel and the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the trailer were removed. It is the buyer’s responsibility to install a proper HIN and VIN to the hull and trailer prior to licensing or registering the units. An inspection by an authorized third party may be required to satisfy law enforcement and ICBC that proper identification numbers have been permanently affixed to the vessel and trailer.
The vessel/trailer package must be moved from the storage facility by a licensed/insured tow operator upon completion of this auction and PRIOR to any licensing/registration of the purchased items.
Documentation which identifies the HIN and VIN will be provided by interested insurers to the buyer following sale completion.
- The condition of the vessel and trailer are as shown in attached photographs.
- No Keys & No Hours.
- This vessel has NOT been winterized and has NOT undergone a mechanical inspection.
- Instrumentation powers up as shown.
- Personal effects as may be shown in photographs are NOT included in the sale.
- Trailer Registration Is NOT Available.
- As Is, Where Is.
Information Update -- November 22, 2019
Inspection of vessel and ECM download resulted in the following information. No warranty is expressed/implied regarding the accuracy of this information:
VESSEL EXHIBITS AN ACCUMULATION OF ICE
MAIN DASH FUNCTIONS NOT WORKING - MAIN HARNESS HAS MULTIPLE SPLITS/SPLICES WITH TOGGLE SWITCHES IN AN ATTEMPT TO BYPASS IGNITION CIRCUIT
MAIN STEREO HARNESS HAS BEEN CHOPPED AND BYPASSED
BOAT WILL NOT SHUT DOWN WITH FACTORY IGN SW MAIN SCREEN NOT CURRENTLY FIRING UP
RUN DIAGNOSTICS AND NOTE 500+ OCCURANCES OF MULTIPLE CYLINDER MISFIRE ON CYL 2-3-5-7
NOTE CRITICAL ERROR CODES FOR CAT CONVERTERS AND BOAT CURRENTLY IN LIMP MODE CAT CODES RETURN UPON RESET
OEM STEREO/AMPS HAVE BEEN STRIPPED - AFTERMARKET CAR AUDIO HEAD UNIT HAS BEEN SPLICED INTO MAIN HARNESS WITH MARETTES AND BYPASSED TO AN AFTERMARKET AMP NO SPEAKERS CURRENTLY OPERATIONAL EXCEPT AFTERMARKET MEMPHIS TOWERS
SWIM GRID/BIMINI/SPEAKERS/LIGHTS/WAKE RACKS ALL MISSING - BOAT COVER IS TORN - HULL HAS BEEN SANDED AND PAINTED WITH BLACK BOTTOM PAINT TO DISGUISE HULL COLOUR -
TRAILER HAS HEAVY IMPACT DAMAGE TO CROSS BEAN - FRONT AXLE IS BENT ON L/R SPINDLES TRAILER BEAM IMPACT HAS AFFECTED BUNK MOUNTS - FRONT BUNK MOUNTS ARE BENT AND PLYWOOD SPACERS ADDED TO COMPENSATE FOR BUNK HEIGHT
TONGUE JACK IS BENT AND NON-FUNCTIONAL